Diagnosis and Treatment of Infertility
Causes of infertility
- Decrease in male fertilisation capacity
- Hormonal disorders of cortical, hypophyseal, or ovarian origin in women
- Obstruction of the Fallopian tube(s)
- Adrenal or thyroideal disease
- Fibroid (myoma) of the uterus
- polycystic ovarium snydrome (PCOS)
- Disorders altering the uterine cavity (polyp, fibroid, adhaesions)
- Gynecologic examination
- Measurement of hormone levels in blood
- Transabdominal or vaginal ultrasound
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG)
- Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy
Appropriate medication, sometimes surgical treatment recommended by the gynecologist.
Insemination, in vitro fertilisation and embryo-transfer.